Pre-listing inspections are becoming one of our most requested services!
If you're selling your home, having the property inspected before it goes on the market is a great idea because it offers several advantages, including:
Buyers will better understand the condition of the home they're considering buying. Although you may think that having this information could scare potential buyers away, in our experience the opposite is true. When the home inspection comes at the conditional offer stage, many buyers are surprised by the results and want to renegotiate the price, or are discouraged from buying the home. With all the information available at the beginning of the process, the transaction can move more smoothly and there's less likely to be an 11th-hour renegotiation.
You can decide whether to make any improvements to the home to help it sell more quickly and for more money. Similarly, you can choose to reflect the condition of the home in the asking price. Either way, the home is likely to be more appealing to more buyers, and to sell more easily.
You get to choose the inspector.
Performing an inspection before a home is listed is a valuable tool to help sell your home.
Benefits for Home Sellers:
- Your home may sell faster.
- Eliminate having buyers walk away because they think there is a problem with the house.
- Avoid renegotiating based on an inspector's findings.
- Reduce confusion where an inspector has raised an issue that isn't a big problem.
- No parade of inspectors through your home before a multiple-offer situation.
- Resolve any differences of opinion before the house goes on the market.
- Decide if you want to fix any problems identified or recognize existing issues and reflect them in the purchase price. That way, potential problems won't be used as a negotiating tool against you.
Serving Washimgton DC, Alexandria, Aldie, Annandale, Arlington, Ashburn, Bristow, Burke, Catlett, Centreville, Chantilly, Clifton, Culpeper, Dulles, Dumfries, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Gainesville, Herndon, Lake Ridge, Leesburg, Lorton, Manassas, Manassas Park, Marshall, McLean, Nokesville, Occoquan, Reston, South Riding, Spotsylvania, Springfield, Stafford, Sterling, The Plains, Triangle, Tyson's Corner, Vienna, Warrenton, Woodbridge